So much for the list!..and a new project!

Well. the list disappeared! I did not quite make it but I did make a good try at it. No excuses...well maybe one, I did have another cold that really zapped me..the fifth one of the winter, but who's whining?
My daughter has a wedding shower that she is helping with and I finished the favors for the shower over the weekend. I left them for her to varnish. These are a few more finished items for a space in my house that I am reclaiming. (there are these cute crystal drops that go in the candleholders as soon as I varnish them.
AND........this is the space! Now Lesley, if you are reading this, this will be your bedroom at the end of April....don't be 'fraid, I can do it! Well, with a little help from the daughter that enjoys a good challenge as much as I do. We are tackling this project this weekend.

This was my youngest daughter's bedroom when all four girls lived with us. That was a mere 5 years ago, how did this happen so fast? Goodwill, here I come! For several years I have had the thought of having a yard sale and facing reality, I know that is not going to happen, yard sale day comes and all I can think of is collecting MORE stuff.


My goal is to reclaim this space, all white with accents of pale blue and mint green and a light turquoise and to utilize items that I already have to decorate the space. My neice is the inspiration for making this "green" as in recycling green and other than maybe paint...and a few other small items, I think that I can do it!



Comments

Cindy said…
You did really good on your list! I'm proud of you!! Cuz, girl, if you hadn't started and finished other projects, that list would have been last month!! hehehe!! So I'm considering it done...... And compared to that room........well, I've got one, maybe I should start on mine this weekend and we can compare!!! I'm sure you would win...you have someone coming to live in yours!!

Those are the cutest shower favors!

Happy St Paddy's Day!! (You got green on??)
Chanda said…
Oh my God!! I thought you had broken in and took a picture of my basement and posted it on the blogland network. I know how yu feel, I have a room just like it. It does happen fast, I worked on one last night. I have planning a huge garage slae first and whats left is going to Salvation Army. Once you dive in head first it will be sorta fun for you and your daughter and it won't take very long. Have fun.
kari and kijsa said…
Happy St. Patricks Day!
blessings, kari & kijsa
Meggie said…
Can't wait to see the room when it's finished. Don't keep us waiting too long!
Laurie said…
Wow your room brings back the chore I just went through with my craft room. I know you can do it! Can't wait to see pictures of the finised product!
Laurie

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

Steps to a snowman face, Part 1.