A Quick and Easy Re-Do

I bought this picture last week at the flea market. Something about the colors that I just could not resist. It was $8.00 and more than I normally pay for something at a flea market because I am normally cheap and would expect to get this for about..let's say one dollar. This was a big purchase for me. It sat right there for a week until this morning when I had to get it done and hung up.
A little paint should do it. As you can see the frame was all chipping and cracked. Not one for the LONG and tedious right way to fix it, I painted it first with Burnt Umber craft acrylic paint.


Then I drybrushed it with first Jo Sonja's Copper and then Rich Gold. These are the best metallic paints I have ever used and I don't think that you can buy them retail any longer, not sure about on-line.

They just make things look so rich and have so much pigment in them.


Here it is, done and hanging in my house.

I think that the colors are perfect! Glad that I didn't pass this one up!





Comments

Charmingdesigns said…
Lovely background!!! Its fun to change them around! Glad it worked for you. Laurie
lisa said…
That picture is lovely and worth every penny :O) . I also have a hard time spending over a buck for my thrifty finds! Very nice find!

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

Steps to a snowman face, Part 1.