It started like this.

I was upstairs in my sewing room happily still making messes on my SECOND Saturday in a row with NOTHING planned. Well, I did have that short little jaunt to the church to change the flowers to something a little more "springy" and that quick stop for milk and those cheddar sour cream chips that jumped off the shelf at me. (It has been so long since I had those and they are my favorite) But, back to where it started. John comes to the landing, sans shirt and does that half whistle thing that scares the crap out of me just as the sewing machine comes to a halt. "Do you have a minute to come down here?" he questions. Of course I immediately mentally scanned the house, Did I leave the coffee pot on? the front door open? ice cream melting on the counter, water running in the sink? Nothing. I walk downstairs to see him sitting at the computer with the bank statement in front of him and a guilty look on his face. YESSS! It is not my fault!!! He picked up the wrong debit card and overdrew the bank account, seriously overdrew the account. He said he checked the numbers, but why doesn't he have a shirt on?
Sore nipples. He is training for a half marathon. He ran nine miles today.
He is whining,
His nipples hurt.
Am I, a woman who went through 36 hours of labor, only to have a C-section and then have a baby attached to sore nipples for the next three months, supposed to have SYMPATHY?
But then, the really dumb move of the day.
He goes to his Mom's. gets her pills, gets her supper, sets all of her clocks for her, BACK! Luckily, she noticed it before she thought she was the confused one.
I am still organizing fabric. Two inch strips, 2 1/2 inch strips, 4, 5, and 6 inch blocks and small strips for locker hooking. This container was overflowing with a mess of fabric, and I finally threw it all on the floor. Press, stack, cut, restack. Surely this pile should be going down soon.
Started another locker hook, greens this time.

And more dresses.







And some skirts.









Another great day!






Comments

Wow, you have been sewing like crazy there. I just love the little dresses. I can't wait to get my sewing room organized again!

Don't forget to spring ahead!!
Take care ~Natalie
Cheryl said…
Lol I forgot what my sewing room even looks like organized. Love the dresses you made. I can remember when my daughter was young and I could use left over fabric from outfits I made for myself to make some for her. I truly enjoy reading your blog
Peace and Blessings
Cheryl...Snatch JOY~!
Lois said…
Cathy I love coming over to your blog and reading what is going on in your life. You make me laugh and that is so what I need in my life now days. I hope I am not being too personnal when I say that I hope John's nipples get better soon. LOL! That reminds me of my youngest brother who, for years in the summertime, wore tape over his, because he said they got chaffed when he wore his shirt and sweated. That still makes me laugh. One year we found and bought special nipple covers (women are suppose to wear them under tshirts so the shirts stay smooth if you know what I mean.) They are now stuck on his fridge in the garage and he says he laughs everytime he looks at them.
Anyway, thanks for sharing and have a great week.
Lois

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

Steps to a snowman face, Part 1.