Multi-tasking at it's finest.

After work yesterday, in the few short minutes of daylight left at the end of a work day, (well, I might have ducked out a little early) I managed to race home and get the gladiola bulbs dug up and seeds gathered from some of the flowers around the yard and spring bulbs planted.  Then DH, who also somehow managed to convince his mother to hang out at the shop until five, pulled in with a load of firewood.  Between the two of us, we managed to get that unloaded and stacked and still had 5 minutes to spare before 5 o'clock.  The boys were arriving at 6 o'clock.  Hubby rushes in, throws chicken in the oven, puts yesterday's bean soup on to cook and runs to the house next door to start working.

The boys arrive, toy guitars in hand, and immediately grab the remote and turn on the Chipmunks movie and start rocking out to Alvin, Simon and Theodore.

The multi-tasking moment of the evening though was when...

The boys are chasing each other around the house with a stick horse, fighting over it.  I am taking cookies out of the oven, phone to my ear, saying,
"Of course I can have the Advent candles and wreath in place for this Sunday" (Really is it time already?)
"TYLER AND LOGAN. QUIT THAT RUNNING AND FIGHTING"
"Fred (our resident bear hunter), get some of that chicken"
Cookies off the tray and next batch in the oven.
"Why, yes, as a matter of fact Wyatt did get home today"
"Of course, I will have time to get the church decorated before Sunday"
"Tyler, PUT MY CAMERA DOWN!"
"I am sorry, but I can't talk to you any longer about the Christmas flowers, I have to referee a fight!"

I'd like to say that the evening calmed down from there, but it did not.


Finished all of these this morning.

One final note to my children that might be reading this:
(excluding Dianna for obvious reasons)

Your are cordially invited to
Decorating the Church
2010
Friday, November 26th
10:00 AM
Old Mahoning Baptist Church
Lunch served immediately following at Country Junction Restaurant
My treat!


Comments

Patti said…
I'm so happy to read that Wyatt came home today. Love the lid, really cute. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Cathy and John.
Chanda said…
You are such a fun mom and grandma. Enjoy decorating the church and lunch with your babies and children.
Lesley said…
Hi Cathy,
Wow you do live a chaotic but fun life.
So happy to know Wyatt came home.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving to you, John and all the family.
Xo
Laurie said…
Lord a' Mercy Cathy, I don't know how you do it all and keep your sanity! Have a more relaxing Turkey day ok?

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

Steps to a snowman face, Part 1.