The Sweetest Place on Earth

And what do you think this has done to the fit of my jeans?
It is so not good!
Hershey Kisses in your room, with your restaurant bill, in bowls scattered throughout the hotel.
Chocolate desserts everyday...
Carrots and Celery here I come this week!
What a nice weekend though.
Entertainment everywhere you looked!
More on that later though.
I just can't fit it all in one post.
One of the highlights of the weekend was reconnecting with a friend that I had lost contact with over the years.
We had lunch, talked and wandered around Harrisburg.
I had not seen her in 22 years and we picked up right where we left off,
talking and laughing as if we had been together yesterday.
Amazing!
More to come on my weekend.
I have to figure out how to get the pictures off of my phone.
Yes, the phone.
One of my new obsessions.
Love the GPS feature.
(although I am seriously blaming it for taking me down a one-way busy street
in Harrisburg the wrong way)
The other new obsession.
These cowls.


Natalie over at Tins and Treasures is making them.
She has them for sale in her etsy shop if you are not a knitter.
They are very reasonable and I have bought items from her in the past.
Top Quality!
I wanted to try also.
I found the pattern here.
I can't wait to dig in Betty's Blog and see what else she inspires me to try.
Her pattern is very easy, I made these on the drive to Hershey and back.
These are so soft and nice around your neck.
I love big sweaters for the warmth around the neck, however
that being said...
well let's just say the bulk around the rest of my body is unneccessary
for two reasons:
1. Refer to the pic at the top of this post.
2. Menopause and the ensuing hot flashes.
These are perfect!
Mine are not for sale.
I will be making them for family and friends.



Hope that everyone has a great week!
Stay warm!









Comments

Well I know what all that chocolate has done to the fit of my jeans... but I can't resist, it is soooo good....
I love your Cowls, they are just beautiful.
Sabrina
Pretties & Yummies( Love Hershey's!)
enjoy the day
Teresa
I think that is my kind of vacation!! Chocolate....yummy!!
I am lovin these cowls!! Have a great week eating those veggies!!LOL!! so worth it though huh??!!!
How great to spend time with an old friend!! I truly understand how you just pick up as if no time has passed. I have been blessed with that same experience with a friend.
Love the cowls.
Blessings,
Lorna
Don't you just love that they made denim stretchy now?? lol ;) Love the cowls!
Good Morning, Cathy,
Your cowls are looking fabulous...warm and cozy! You must be a very fast knitter!! Yes, I love Betty's Loft, too...and the best part is that she is my neighbor and I can actually visit her loft in person.

Thanks for the link to my blog and shop today. You are a sweetheart. Happy Knitting ~Natalie

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

McDonald's Salt Packets and the Shelby Tree