Free Rolling Bunny Tutorial/Pattern

 You will need:
Poster board or lightweight cardboard
Freezer or Butcher Paper
Scraps of felted wool
Two buttons
Embroidery floss
Small amount of Wool Roving
Small amount of polyfil
Tools:
Scissors
Embroidery needle
Felting needle

Trace this pattern and cut out of lightweight cardboard.

 Trace onto freezer paper, two of body, two of head and one of blanket.
I flipped the head, but that is not necessary if your wool is the same on both sides.
 Iron onto wool with the wax side down, hot setting on iron and no steam.
 Cut out pieces and blanket stitch the blanket onto one piece of the body.
 Beginning at the right side of the blanket start stitching down the top of the back and around the foot area.
 Sew the button on and then stitch up to the middle of the bottom and stuff that side with polyfil.
 Finish stitching around, repeating adding the button to the other side, leave a small opening at the blanket and finish stuffing the other leg and close up the opening.
 Stitch the head and ear starting at the yellow pin and you will finish at the white pin,
however,
you will want to stuff this as you go and indicated in the next three pictures.


 Position the head on the body and blanket stitch it to the front and then not breaking the thread
blanket stitch the back area down also.
 I made french knots for the eyes, but you could also use a small bead for the eyes. 
You can tell in the pictures, but I pulled the thread through to make the eye pull in and knotted it.
 With a small amount of wool roving, felt a small ball into the a little ball for the tail.

 Felt it right onto the bunny for a tail.
You could also stitch a little face on the bunnies.  I did that on some, not on others. 

Please use this pattern as you wish, however don't take the pattern as your own. 
Links to the post are greatly appreciated...and ...
if you make these, please email pictures to me,
I would love to see what you make.

If you don't wish to make them yourself, they will be for sale on my selling blog,
or
scroll down and enter the giveaway below. 
I will be adding items to the giveaway later today, but for now
I have to go out in this mess of snow and go to work.

Comments

Lynn Barbadora said…
Cute, cute cute!Thanks........now if only SPRING would come....
HUGS
Lynn
Thanks for the tutorial, I might have to make a couple incase I don't win the giveaway..LOL.
Thanks for sharing
Sabrina
LibbiesHome said…
Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing a Spring pattern that is so perfectly prim. :)
Sheila said…
Love these Cathy! Now just one more thing to add to my "hit list" of wanting to make items!
Thanks for the tut~
Have a great day.
Sheila
Unknown said…
Great tut!!!!! TFS
I love the bunnies you made.

Karen
So cute!
Thanks for sharing!

Carmen and the Primcats
michelle said…
very adorable!Thanks for sharing.blessings michelle
Thanks for the tutorial.. they are so sweet!
Deb
Oh so cute!! Thanks for the tutorial.
sandraallen260@centurytel.net
Lesley said…
Darn cute Cathy, thanks for the tut.
Can't bring myself to getting into wool, another hobby can't happen. Not enough storage space.
They sure look fun to make tho.
Les
Debbie said…
Thank you for sharing this tutorial! I love these and can't wait to try making a few.

Hope you have a good day!
*hugs*

Debbie K
These bunnies are so adorable. Thanks for sharing.
Prim Blessings! Robin
Gayle said…
Thanks so much for the pattern! I can't wait to make a couple of these cuties!
Thanks so much for the detailed and illustrated how-to, Cathy.

I love these little guys every time I see them hopping around your blog ;-)
Deb said…
Adorable Cathy, thank you so much for the tutorial. I know what I'm going to be making tomorrow! You're a doll! Deb
Anonymous said…
TFS Cathy! It is awesome
Blessings,
Becky
Haha, Maybe the bunnies are like a baseball field; If you make them, Spring will come.
Thanks for sharing these are adorable.
Kat
Nanna said…
how sweet is that!
Helen
cheryl said…
Found you through Pinterest! Thank you for sharing this tutorial...I'm getting ready to make a few of these for Easter gifts...if I can find the wool for the tails! I'm just getting started with wool work! If I get them done, I'll post them on my blog and link babck to you! :) Thank you again!

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

McDonald's Salt Packets and the Shelby Tree