The Last of the Pumpkins

This is it, hopefully!
I am switching to
Snowmen
Gingers,
Winter,
and
maybe a
Santa or two.
I think that I will put the orange paint to rest for awhile.
Other than snowman noses!
Still preparing for the open house.

I need to get some polyfil.
And some leaves on that sunflower.



A few more ornaments.

Another slate and some treat bowls.

And these cute little buggers that I bought at
Pumpkin Fest last weekend.
This pic is dark because they are above my stove and the light sort of glares on them.
I may have to move them.

And now for the Butternut Squash portion of this post...
Because we have lots.
Sunday, I made these pies.
Wow, were they good! 
I was even surprised!
After enduring all the family comments.
"Where did you get that pie dough?"
"Are you sure that you know what you are doing?"
And such.
Anyway, the only thing that I did different than this recipe
is that I used Amaretto for the water.

And JWS is spreading the pureed squash on his vegetables.
Really?
Pie
Veggies
Pie
Veggies
Pie
Veggies
Is this that hard of a decision?

Today..
is
Girl's Day.

I managed to get somewhat caught up at work
and I am taking the day off and having
Gracelyn and Kendall.

I would like to get my fall decorations out.
But,
then again, we may just play all day.

Comments

Sheila said…
I hope you have a wonderful Girl's Day Cathy. I'm like you, I'm finishing up some Halloween things for a gathering at my friends house this weekend. Open house for her Scentsy and my things that will be cash and carry. THEN I'm moving on to winter and Christmas creating too! The pumpkin bowls are darling.
Blessings,
Sheila
Just tooo cute, Cathy!!!! Love everything. Where do you get your ideas???
Wanted to come on Sat. but had too much to do around the house, since the sun came out!!!!! Maybe can make it for the open house???? When will it be??? Will it be the same weekend as Smicksburg Days??? or whatever it's called.

Have a great days with the "girls"!!!!

Lois
Teresa said…
Cute pumkins with the rick rack mouths. Like the sunflower on a stick.
Have a fun girls day.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches
Everything looks fabulous! I hope you have a great girl day, have fun playing :D
Kim
TheCrankyCrow said…
Oh.....it's too, too, early for that winter stuff....I vote more pumpkins! (Yeah, i know I don't count...but thought I'd give it a whirl!) Love those little moon "trick or treat" ornies!! And those vintage looking "buggers" you got at the festival are all kinds of awesome!! Woo Hoo!! LOVE! Are they wood? Too sweet! Hope you're enjoying your time with the "girls!" Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (Tell me again what JWS was doing?? Really???) !
Love all your pumpkins!
Have a fun day with the girls!
Prim Blessings
Robin
Anonymous said…
Hey Cath: Looove the cupboard punkin and the punkin treat bowls...I vote for more punkins...I can't think of winter yet!!BooHiss! We always need a girl's night out!
patti

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

McDonald's Salt Packets and the Shelby Tree