T-Shirt Scarf Tutorial

OK, 
We are counting this as Number 8.
Back to business here.
And
The deal I made with myself.
I cannot keep pinning things on Pinterest
without doing some of the things that I have pinned.
So,
that being said,
I will share the way that I made this.
There are tons of tutorials out there.
I think that I have them all.
Here goes with another.
I literally made this,
start to finish,
in
1/2 Hour.


Start with t-shirts or as in this case, tank tops.
Being in the screenprinting business
affords me the luxury of lots of
brand new, misordered shirts.
More than I like to admit.


Cut them into five inch strips.

Then five inch squares.
If you don't have a rotary cutter, this might take a little longer.

Stack them up.

And start sewing point to point.
Lay each one down where the point ends on the one behind.
I stretch stitched,
but
you could use a zig zag or even a straight stitch.
You can make this as long as you want.
You could even use bigger or smaller squares,
and the color possibilities are endless.
I cut up two tanks and two t-shirts
and
I have enough for a couple more, I think.
And wait....
We ruined about 25 Steeler Gold shirts yesterday...
I see some Steeler scarves coming.
Can I get those done before the next game?

Comments

Sheila said…
Great quick gift idea! Hmmm, better go raid hubs t-shirts before he gets home! TFS.
Pinterest? I've been hearing about it everywhere and how addictive it is! Maybe not a good thing for me to check out!!!

Have a great day~
Christine said…
Love this tutorial and how easy you make it look to make! Thanks Cathy for adding to my 'TO DO' list!LOL!
Just wanted to reply to your question re the owl I made my daughter and the answer is that I drew up my own pattern for the owl.
Hope you get lots more done! Keep on paintin' and sewin'!
Christine
TheCrankyCrow said…
How clever is that? Thanks for the tutorial...Hmmmm...Steeler gold??? Is that anywhere close to PACKER gold??? ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin
Wow! What an aweosme idea! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!
frontporchprims said…
How fun!! I love this idea (and Pinterest for that matter). Good job. -Steph-

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

McDonald's Salt Packets and the Shelby Tree