Crochet Heart Tutorial

Let's just say I got a little obsessive over these the last two days.
Finding different patterns and trying them.
Some good and some not so good.
After trying quite a few,
I decided to modify a pattern to
of course,
make it faster. 
I'll include links for two of the others at the bottom,
but first,
here are my directions for the FASTEST one!

I used a Size E hook and three strands of crochet cotton.
I don't know the numbers on the cotton, sorry.
It was all from my aunt's stash and all of it unwrapped.
Experiment with what you have.
I even have some perle cotton in some of them.
So let's start...

Chain 6, join with slip stitch to form a ring.


Round 2
Chain 3 = first double crochet.
Two more double crochets in the ring
Chain 2
Three double crochet in the ring
Chain 1
Three double crochet in the ring
Chain 2
Three double crochet in the ring
Chain 3
Slip stitch in the second chain from the hook
(Picot made)
Chain 1
Join to the top of the first chain 3 in the ring.


You should now have something that looks like a lop-sided
granny square.

Round 3
Slip stitch in the top of the next two double crochets
and
in the next chain 2 space.
Chain 1
*Double crochet into the top of the middle double crochet in the next
cluster of double crochets
Chain 1
Repeat until you have five double crochets in the same stitch
Chain 1*
Slip stitch into the chain 1 space
and
repeat between *'s
for the second hump of the heart.
Slip stitch into the next chain 2 space and fasten off.
Weave in ends.

How easy is that?
Well, if you have a problem,
you can always email me.

And these are what I modified it from.
Here is the link for those.

These are pretty quick also.
Here is that link:


I wanted some variety in them. 
Planning on starching all of them today,
I can't decide on the coffee staining. 
I may try a few first.
I think that I like the colors the way they are.
What would you do?

Comments

Love your hearts Cathy! Thanks for the tutorial. I know how to crochet a little...haven't done it in years, but I would like to get back into it. Could be a stress reliever for me, Lol! I see alot of neat items on Pinterest that are crocheted. I think I like the hearts just the way they are...
Have a wonderful weekend Cathy!
super sweet, Cathy!
I don't crochet but have always wished I could. Over Christmas break, two of our granddaughters ( ages 7 and 10 ) learned how at the library! Maybe they will teach me. LOL
I love these ones! Great job.
L
Laurie said…
I love the colors as they are Cathy, but I'd do one or two just to see the difference. Besides that, well I'm just curious to see myself! Thanks for the pattern!
frontporchprims said…
I love the hearts!!! The colors are wonderful and that pattern is beautiful. Thanks so much for the tutorial. -Steph-
Trace4J said…
I have the crochet bug. Just love your hearts and will surely try them today.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com
Catherine said…
They all look so pretty together! I can picture a bunch of them displayed in a glass jar or on a fabric covered cork board.
Lesley said…
Well Cathy, here I am. I saw your Pins on Pinterest and I can say you are heart crazy...LOL
I was looking for crochet mini doilies for some of my cloth artwork. I think I may try these hearts, lopsided looks normal to me, I am no crocheter, so this looks like something I could do. ROFL.
Will let you know how I make out.
Les
Hi Cathy...ADORABLE...and so many uses for these.
I can see how quickly they get made...and how you made so many.
Thanks for sharing.
Karen
Hey Cathy!
I got my snowman ornies yesterday and I L-O-V-E them! They are perfect and I was in such a hurry to put them on the tree, I forgot to do a proper Thank you! Thanks so much. I treasure these!
Linda
Again, I love the hearts! I'd leave them in the red and white - just perfect. Nothing like red and white to cheer one up.
Oh...thank you..thank you! I'll copy this down and see if there is any way I can figure this out! lol Hugs! ♥
TheCrankyCrow said…
Pretty, pretty, hearts Cathy....But you lost me at crochet. What are you going to do with all these? Use them as ornaments for a tree? Bowl fillers? Oh yeah - I have catching up to do, perhaps I'll find out along the way.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin
Hi Cathy,

I thought I would share - I pinned your Crochet Hearts tutorial a few months ago and since I pinned it, I have (you have) had 177 repins!!!

Great tutorial! The pics are fantastic. Lots and lots of people seem to really like them!

Have a wonderful evening!

Lucy

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

McDonald's Salt Packets and the Shelby Tree