The 2nd Annual Revival of the "Safe" Word



 
Ok,
before you go all
red-faced and think that this safe word
has something to do with
bedroom antics,
let me assure you
It Does Not!
 
Last year,
several weeks prior to the fair,
after I had mowed
more hours than I care to admit
at the fairgrounds,
cleaned bathrooms
so gross
that we can't even talk about it
and
generally
helped out
my fair manager husband in any way that I could...
I asked him one evening to weed eat at our house
before he went to the fairgrounds to work
for the fourth night that week.
A twenty minute job
while I did the mowing
(not a twenty minute job)
When he replied,
"I don't have time."
everything around here went on a quick downward spiral
and
crashed.
I swear steam came out of my ears.
When I am too mad to yell and rant and rave...
I am too mad.
He knew.
It was the fire in my eyes...
the purple face,
the shaking hands (or fists),
and
the...
well, anyway,
he went to the fairgrounds
and
my son-in-law
did the trimming.
 
Later that evening,
when the anger had simmered down
to
loud yelling,
we decided that we should have a safe word.
 
A word that will diffuse the situation,
a word that means...
"when you hear this, you should stop and think
of your actions and priorities
lest your happy home
deteriorates
rapidly"
The word is
ZEBRA!


And one year later...
it has reappeared.
This sewing machine had sat in the family room since one day
after my surgery. 
JWS had been at the auction and bought it for me.
Sweet?
Absolutely!
However, I had asked nicely for it to be carried up
to my sewing room.
Repeatedly.
Nicely.
Finally,
I carried it up myself.
ZEBRA!
 
And the picture at the top...
The hose broke
and
yes, it was my fault.
I left it on,
and
sometime
$50 worth of water
ran out.
It was during
some rain and flooding so no one noticed for awhile.
 
It needs fixed.
I went to buy the stuff the other day.
JWS said he had it everything he needed and would fix it.
 
ZEBRA!
He left on a fishing trip
and
no hose.
 
So, today I will attempt the fix.
ZEBRA!
 
ZEBRA! ZEBRA! ZEBRA!
 

Comments

CampingNut said…
I sooo feel your pain on getting the other half (or even child) to do something. And, patience is not something that I have. Zebra!
Ann said…
I'm wondering if it's madatory for all husbands to do things like this. It always seems like they have plenty of time and are more than willing to run off at the drop of a hat to do something for someone else.
Maybe I should come up with a safe word too :)
I gotta come up with word... this "affliction" is apparently in all men's DNA. My hubby actually admitted to me just the other day that he has "selective hearing" when we're talking... but it was no big surprise, I've known it all along which is why I just talk longer and louder ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

McDonald's Salt Packets and the Shelby Tree