The Continuing Saga of the Air Conditioner



But first,
a yard sale find from Saturday.
 
Goes perfect in the kid's bathroom! 


And even has a friend to keep her company! 

And another camper decoration,

And...
some doll house finds on the sale racks at Michaels.
 
Now...
the air conditioner.
 
JWS hates it hot.
I love windows open,
fans running,
fresh air.
It has been a ten year battle.
 
I am willing to compromise,
however,
we have had for the last eight years or so,
a
screaming,
decibel level of a 2 feet from a weed eater,
drive you crazy,
air conditioner
in the window about 10 feet from my head.
It's enough to make you do bodily harm to the person that
put it there
and
refuses to even trade sides of the bed with you...
you know who you are.
I tried everything.
Ear plugs,
Ipod,
over the counter sleep medicine,
alcohol,
even some mild narcotics...
to no avail.
 
Last summer,
I just moved out.
I mean "out"
within the house.
To another bedroom,
in another part of the house.
Packed up my
phone charger,
toiletries,
reading book,
etc,
and left.
 
Trial Separation.
 
Still it roared.
Sitting on the deck,
getting fresh air,
right above you.
Roar.
Out in the yard,
playing with the kids,
ROAR!
Sitting downstairs in the family room,
adjusting the TV so that you could hear it.
ROAR!
 
But the worst part,
it was in my painting room,
just outside my bedroom
and
even with my Ipod on lawn mower setting,
(no use even trying to watch the TV there, it would not adjust loud enough)
ROAR!
 
I begged,
and
pleaded.
Let's buy a NEW one,
they have to be quieter.
AND
I would hear the speech.
It is a large BTU, blah, blah, Big house,
Blah
Blah,
going to be loud...
Blah, blah, blah.
 
My argument?
Everything NEW is quieter.
 
Repeat Above.
blah, blah, blah.
 
Then the air conditioner in the shop broke.
And
he bought a new one....
and...
guess what?
 
You got it!
It is quieter.
 
His comment?
"I would not have thought it would have been that quiet!"
 
 
Really?
 
Needless to say,
this morning,
the NEW air conditioner
is in the house
and
the
ROARING
air conditioner is in the shop.
 
Did I mention that he is also getting hard of hearing?
 
I can't wait for tonight,
to sleep
with no pharmaceuticals!

Comments

Laurie said…
We got a new one too Cathy, not only a lot quieter, but more compact and really kicks out the cool. the one in the living room window cools the whole downstairs, wonderfully, and our home isn't open concept! Enjoy your more peaceful nights, and days!!
Susannah said…
This is so funny! Why are men so stubborn?
Ann said…
That is how we are, he loves air conditioning I love fresh air. Luckily I win in the house. He wins in the car

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

McDonald's Salt Packets and the Shelby Tree