Lost and Found


 
Hang on,
get a cup of coffee,
this is one of those posts.
 
Yesterday,
Halloween,
was quite the bizarre day.
 
Starting with a dead phone battery because I didn't
plug the charger in far enough,
was that an omen?
A quick trip to Amazon.com
searching for a toy tuba for Garren.
(I think that search might be futile.)
The normal morning stuff
and
the sudden realization
that I have 27 painting orders that need finished.
(The first goal was to have them done prior to the 17th when I leave for Haiti,
but realistically? I think that goal flew right out the window
on a rainbow flying pony...)
 
So, I proceed with the day.
Get to work.
 
A 6 minute, 6 mile trip to Gracelyn's school
after SOMEONE forgot to inform
me about a Halloween parade.
Anyone who has ever had the misfortune of riding with me
can relate to the ride.
I made it, she was adorable.
 
And then,
JWS reminds me that I need to find the title to my motorcycle
which I am selling.
I reply that it is in my safe deposit box at the bank
 
This leads to the event of
closing the safe deposit boxes
because we now have a gun safe,
which leads to an entire drama of whether we have two keys
to the safe deposit boxes that we have.
 
That drama was too strange for me,
with even my storytelling skills
to relate in print.
 
When the keys were finally located,
the boxes surrendered,
the contents bagged,
THERE WAS NO MOTORCYCLE TITLE!
 
So a mad search ensued.
Desks, drawers
and
the contents of the box.
 
Keeping in mind that not one bit of my being hints
at anything OCD,
and
I have had the same desk for over 20 years,
here were my findings:
6 savings bonds of Shawnee's
1 savings bond of Shelby's
My birth certificate
My marriage license
The pink slip to my 85 Monte Carlo
The pay off on the loan for my 93 Taurus
Three old Last Will and Testaments
All four girls graduation announcements
Every birthday party invitation for all seven grandchildren
for every year.
(Hey they are pictures!)
Lots of scraps of paper with quotes, scripture and poems
The hand-written eulogy that my cousins and I wrote when my aunt died.
A letter from a friend, lost too young,  received about a week before he died.
Many hand-written notes, some from people that are no longer here
(why don't we write more of those)
My one share of Dayton Fair Stock
My social security card
A copy of my passport
About a zillion post it note tablets
About two zillion address labels
Countless trip logs
(My girls were into journaling all vacations)
A couple letters from a much younger Shawnee apologizing for her actions!
Photos and cards and letters
too many to even look through yesterday
A doll that was my mother's when she was little,
several old checkbooks,
the change purse that was my great aunts
with her money still in it
but no
Motorcycle Title!
 
And needless to say,
because all this happened at work,
my today's list is double! 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

McDonald's Salt Packets and the Shelby Tree