Redneck Girls


 
Look at them,
all cute
pink
purple
glitter
and
ruffles.
 
And then you hear their conversation.
 
But first the background.
Gracelyn's Mom,
Shawnee, watches Kamden every day,
Kendall
Tuesday and Thursday.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday,
I keep Kendall.
I drive to Shawnee's house
and pick her up and
put Gracelyn on the school bus
those days.
 
Shelby usually drops the kids off about 15 minutes before
I get there.
 
Friday morning
when I pull in
I see red drips in the snow
and
a big puddle of red.
 
I immediately think transmission fluid.
I call Shelby and tell her that I think her vehicle is leaking something.
I go in the house and get the girls.
 
The girls come out to the car
and
stop dead in their tracks
looking down.
 
I am not sure which one commented first.
 
They are four and five.
It was cold.
I just wanted them to get in the car!
 
"Someone shot a deer right here!"
"Who shot a deer right in the driveway?"
"Did my Daddy shoot a deer right here?"
"Look the deer went down the driveway!"
 
Girls, that is not deer blood,
Kendall your mom's car is leaking.
 
"Is my mom's car leaking blood?"
"I think someone shot a deer."
 
Girls,
get
in
the
car!
 
"But why is there deer blood in the driveway?"
"I still think that someone shot a deer."
 
 
Only in Rural America!
 
 
 
 

Comments

Kathy said…
Lol.. that is too funny.. gotta love it!! Thanks..xx
Holly said…
How cute! I bet they are a lot of fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

Steps to a snowman face, Part 1.