Camp Weekend


This has always been my favorite weekend
(long weekend)
of the year.
 
For all my adult life, this was an "alone" weekend.
 
A Buck Widow Weekend.
 
I loved it! 
 
And then it happened...
JWS announces he no longer wishes to hunt.
 
Now I am sure that there are women everywhere that would love to
hear
that
proclamation,
however,
it was not a happy day for me!!!
 
I liked my time alone.
I liked my house to myself.
I liked the tv remotes,
sleeping when I wanted to
getting up when I wanted to
eating leftovers
and
whatever I wanted.
 
Not that JWS is demanding
or
noisy
or messy
or
hard to be around.
 
(He is a remote hog though)
 
Last year,
we compromised,
New Orleans.
 
We spent the weekend there.
It was fun.
 
This year
nothing...
but
 

It hasn't been bad so far.
I got some canvases done


And,
I turned this picture

 
into this chalkboard.
And really, I didn't know this person
and
his loved ones sold him at a sale
so
I had no problem painting over him.
 
He's still under there anyway
if someone wants him back!

I made that infinity scarf,
that was quick!
Another frame that I found when the boys and I cleaned
the storage space under the steps.
 
Tyler and Logan
had a sleepover Thursday night.

And...
this is what my sewing room had become.

And this is what it is back to.

These stars were hiding in that mess.
Starched and glittered and ready for Christmas.



And all those t-shirt misprints laying on the bed are now
neatly cut up and made into t-shirt yarn.
 
JWS?
He is off to Pittsburgh for the day with a buddy
and
Gracelyn is coming to spend the night tonight. 
 
 
I have a new project in the works...
more on that in another post!  
 
It's BIG!

Comments

Ann Thompson said…
My husband doesn't hunt but my ex did and I used to take the week after Thanksgiving off and while he was hunting I decorated for Christmas and did my shopping.
What could be bigger than those 4 chairs???

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

Steps to a snowman face, Part 1.