Art Journals

It started as an idea...
like they all do,
and then it grew...
again, not unusual.

Art Journals for all the grandchildren
for Christmas.
Can anyone tell me why those ideas
don't come to me in January...
or November...
and anytime before
Mid December.
 
But there it was.
So off to the local Walmart for sketch books
and sets of pens and markers.
All age appropriate.
And here I go,
brainstorming.
 

And they are almost done.
I have just a little more work
and
all seven eight will be done.
Oh, I thought of another little person that would enjoy it.
 
So,
want to make one of your own? 
Here is my list.
1. To start, draw yourself.
2. Now draw your family.
3. Draw your favorite ornament on the tree.
4. Before the Christmas tree comes down, quick capture it here.
5. Fill each area with a different color or pattern. (squiggly lines)
6. What do your see when you look out your front door?
7. Draw something red.
8. Design a Christmas ornament.
9. Make a picture with the first letter of your name.
10. Fill in the snowman. (snowman outline)
11. Black and Yellow...show your spirit.
12. Draw your favorite shoes.
13. Winter wonderland snow globe ( outline provided)
14. Good enough to eat?  Draw your favorite candy.
15. Make a picture or a pattern using these lines. (random lines)
16. Draw something blue.
17. Draw a great big bug.
18. Look out your back door, what do you see?
19. Fill in the crayons. (tracings of crayon shapes)
20. Five different trees
21. Five different leaves.
22. Create a picture of your favorite zoo animal.
23. Make some snowflakes.
24. Draw something that makes you laugh.
25. Fill up a fishbowl
 
Well that is the first 25.  
If anyone is interested, comment or send me a message
and I will post the other 45 prompts.

This is part of my collection of sketchbooks.  
I find it hard to not walk into a store and buy more.
I even have a new one in that stash to start the first of the year.
 I hope that my grandchildren enjoy theirs.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

Steps to a snowman face, Part 1.