Changes.....

I have been thinking of how to word this...
Should I even address it? 
Decisions? 
Changes...

Here is the back story. 
Last September I started having health issues.  No doctors could seem to find the problem.  In January, they escalated and I went on a downward spiral of problems.   Actually until I started to feel better these last few weeks, I did not realize how sick I had been.  When you don’t feel well, ant hills become mountains.   My ant hills became Mount Everest.   I made the decision to sell my business and semi retire.   Immediately, I had a buyer and I would be able to keep a booth there and above all, it would be a situation where my vendors would still have  a place to sell.  Many of them have been with me since the start four and a half years ago and I felt an obligation to consider them in my decision. 

I was actually looking forward to having time and freedom from obligations.  No more filling in and cancelling my plans when someone cancelled working, freedom from a community of businesses that for the most part do not work well together (probably one of my most frustrating things) as well as the financial freedom that the sale would have provided.  Last minute invites for day trips with the kids, time spent wandering again with JWS and getting my home in order were all back on the table for me.   Time to rest, regroup, heal and restore. However, it wasn’t to be.  I know that God has a plan and throughout the process, I continually prayed for His will to be done.  

So, what happens now?  It’s been five days of praying, thinking and deciding.  I am making changes.  First of all, Time Works will be closed Sundays starting In July.   We all need a day of rest and a time to come together to worship.   Sadly, I was missing too many Sunday services. From now on, I will be shifting priorities and blocking out negatives.  The frustration with the community in this destination shopping area?  Some wise advice from a group coach, “ Never rely on other businesses to bring customers to you, make your business the destination.”  That is my goal.

  I so appreciate the vendors who have stepped up to give me some time off in July.  Time to recharge and get life in order is much needed at this time and I appreciate them giving up their time to help me in that process!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

McDonald's Salt Packets and the Shelby Tree