The Bucket List

Do any of you have a bucket list?
That seemed to have been the topic of conversation of the weekend.
I made mine when I turned 40,
more than a few years ago.
They were not real lofty aspirations
and
I have accomplished most of them.
JWS has one also.
Not officially written down,
top of his list when asked is,
"Learn to play Layla on the piano."
Tonight
he started.
Fifty-two
and
he
has
never
sat
at
 a
piano.
Doesn't read music.
YouTube.
He thinks he can learn it off of YouTube.
He practiced.
A lot.
Almost two hours.
Why did I move the piano closer to my paint room?
Can anyone help me move it to the garage?

And now...
He thinks that the piano needs tuned.
Really? 
He thinks that will make his playing sound better.
So many comments that I could make there.
He wants it mastered by Christmas.
We'll see.


Lots happened over the weekend.
On Saturday, the Holiday issue of
Create and Decorate
came out.
This is my angel plaque!!!
So excited.
Sunday had us at the Canfield Fair.
That is my hometown fair.
I love going there.
No pics,
a great day with friends though!

And some more wool ornaments.

Coasters and ornaments.

And more ornaments.

A two sided paddle.

Dark pics, I have no idea why.

And lots more ornaments painted.

And a Fall decoration.
An ironing board up at the top.
I have two more in the basement.
Thanks, Lisa!
She left them on my front porch with lots of other goodies!

And this

Another load of firewood.
This was the before.
We split and stacked it all.
Truthfully,
I didn't do much splitting.
Sure would like to learn to do that,
Just not a real good aim.

So there is my weekend.
I'll keep you all posted on the Layla progress...

...
and
my
sanity!

Comments

Teresa said…
I can relate, both my kids learned at the same time one on the sax and one on the clarinet. Thought someone was killing a goose or two.
I love the Fall Blessings. You have been busy with the snowman ornaments.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches
just me said…
I don't have a bucket list per say, but do have things I would like to do, people I would be honored to meet, etc. One I was able to scratch off, well kinda! Always been a dream to meet my favorite singer Wynonna Judd and was able to do that at the last concert she did with her Momma in our town. Now 20 yrs ago when they went on their final tour nobody would go with me to a "country" concert so I sat outside the arena and cried. Of course now that some aging has passed I would just go to the concert alone! lol I actually won tickets to a meet and greet, though it was quick just a quick picture and on to the next it was still a wonderful experience. Try to enjoy the piano or maybe invest in some earplugs lol!!
Sheila said…
You have been very busy! Love all your ornaments and projects. Now I'm trying to get my hands on a Create and Decorate Magazine. I cannot find one around this town for the life of me!!! I might just have to subscribe again so I don't miss out.
Layla? really like that song, haven't heard it in a while though.
Hang in there.
Sheila
Anonymous said…
WooHoo...Cath Congrats on the holiday issue!! I haven't seen it yet...can't wait to get it!! your plaque looks awesome! Whatcha doin' with all those ornies?
patti
Jessica said…
No bucket list here. I have a mental one, but it's short for now. :)

My son plays the trumpet. He's gotten better at it, but he also is taught at school.

Love all your new crafty things. Lisa is sweet to leave you goodies on your porch. :)

Blessings, Jessica
Catherine said…
Hopefully your husband will be a quick learner! You could always get him an electronic keyboard to practice on and have him listen through headphones.

You've certainly been busy - I love, love, love Fall Blessings!!
Kim said…
I do have a long range bucket list but I also made a mini one this weekend. I never did the News Years Resolution thing, but always felt more like Labor Day signaled a new year. (Must be from way back in my school days) So I made a list of things I want to do this fall.
Good luck with listening to Layla for the next little while :)
I suggest you invest in a good pair of earplugs...LOL!!!! could be a long couple months til christmas. I got my issue of create and decorate in the mail and saw your angel plaque... I only wish I could paint. I have to say I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that snowman on the ironing board... That is so wonderful.
Have a great Week
Sabrina
TheCrankyCrow said…
Very awesome painting my friend - some of your best yet I think - that angel plaque is adorable - but I am in all KINDS of love over that ironing board!!! YIKES!!!! LOVE!!! I sorta have a bucket list - not formally written down, but it changes frequently....hmmmm...wonder why. And poor, poor, you....learning piano from You Tube -really??? Perhaps some complimentary piano lessons might be in order?? And, hey, wasn't Layla done with guitar?? Hope you have a great rest of the week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin
As always ~ wonderful creations!
I think I'm in love with all the handsome snowmen!
Thanks for sharing!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

McDonald's Salt Packets and the Shelby Tree