Friends

 
 
I know that I have posted this pic many times on my blog. 
It bears repeating today. 
 
These are my painting ladies. 
Marie was not able to make this trip in 2009.
 
We met online around ten years ago and became fast friends.
 
You can read the link below.
It will introduce them all.
 
Sadly,  this weekend we lost Lesley.
 
 
If there was a nucleus, a Mother Hen
to the group...
it was Lesley.
 
Always happy, always smiling,
always holding us all together.
Checking on us
when we were not around for awhile,
a quick email,
a post,
a comment.
 
She was our center.
 
So many words swirling around in my head,
so many memories
of her smile,
her teasing sense of humor,
her art,
her generousity,
her love that she shared with all of us.
 
A reminder of how quickly people pass through our lives
and
how we need to cherish each moment.
 
 
“You have fought the good fight, you have finished your course, you have kept the faith”
2 Timothy 4:7
 
Lesley and I had talks about our faith,
my comfort is in knowing that
because of our shared belief in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour
that I will see her again someday.
What peace there is to know that someday
she and I will be rejoicing in the beauty of Heaven!
Until then, my dear friend, I will miss you here!
 
http://harmonyroadstudio.blogspot.com/
http://tolentreasures.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-painting-ladies.html







Comments

Patti said…
A beautiful tribute to a beautiful Lady. Patti
Ann said…
So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you
Sheila said…
Sorry to hear of the loss of a dear friend Cathy.
Thinking of you.
hugs,
Sheila
Jen xo said…
oh what a beautiful post cathy...

kath sent me over......she was the centre of so many of out lives too.....you were so lucky to have met, that will be my one big regret......

love to you ......jenxo
Connie said…
So sorry to hear of your loss. She sounds like a wonderful friend :)

Hugs,
Connie
Kathy said…
Beautiful post Cathy..a lovely tribute to Les.. Love that picture..such happy days...
Kath
xoxo
We have suffered a great loss, Cathy, I too, take comfort in the fact that we will see her again one day! Can you imagine that reunion!~ Rest in peace our sweet Lesley, gone too soon.
Becky
Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It drew me here to your blog and beautiful tribute.
I will miss her so much.
I don't know what happened so suddenly as she seemed to be looking ahead to improvement.
Such a shock,loss and her marvelous talent gone,too soon.
hugs,amy jo
I am so sorry for your loss and the group as well must be feeling a sadness as well.
Blessings and prayers.
Karen
Lynn Barbadora said…
Gone to soon....a beautiful tribute. I'm sure she has her magic brushes flyin in heaven......just as she always told me she was doing here.
Hugs,
Lynn

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

McDonald's Salt Packets and the Shelby Tree