One Crazy Year

Retirement
A surgery
Giving up some responsibilities
Taking on others
Surviving the crazy
 
Looking back to this time last year,
I had no idea how much 
would change in a year.  
For the better?  Absolutely! 
I have sold the shop, 
resolved some issues with managing my time, 
and had a foot injury fixed. 
 
With retirement came extra time to spend with my parents,
which included a long overdue move to a smaller home.
What I did not expect was ANOTHER hobby! 
 
My mother’s friends have corrupted me! 
As if I needed help in creating another crafting obsession! 
 
Above is my most recent FINISHED project.   
I guess this obsession is a lot like my other ones.
I like to start things, not necessarily finish things.  
 
More on that later. 
    
Happy New Year everyone, 
I will be in the sewing room…or painting studio…or art room…or in my chair crocheting or knitting. 
 
Notice how I don’t mention the kitchen or vacuum?  
 
 

Comments

acorn hollow said…
so nice to see you post. Looks like a wonderful new hobby. and lucky you to retire! This is my last year, so I am looking forward to retiring.
Happy New Year
cathy
TheCrankyCrow said…
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Cathy! Well, it has been quite the year for you...waiting to hear more! And it seems you may have been bitten by the quilting bug?? ;-) Your first project looks amazing. I've never had that artistic sense of color. It's good to have a check-in from you... I think of you now and then...as in every time I go into my laundry room and see the double-sided scrub board you made. To this day I love and treasure it. Glad to know you are well. ~Robin~

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

Steps to a snowman face, Part 1.