The Possessed Hutch

So, the saga of the hutch.
I beleive it is creating a history of it’s own. 
 
My mom and dad moved last July to a smaller house. 
Mom had all these beautiful cobalt dishes that she displayed in her old (larger) house
on a plate rail that ran all around her dining room. 
 
The new kitchen has a place for a hutch and we started to look for one. 
A woman walked in the shop one day with a picture of this one
for a great price.  
I would have to go and pick it up. 
 
The problem was...
I was on crutches and non weight bearing. 
But the hutch was perfect. 
So, a quick call to my grandsons
and a suggestion to draw straws 
over who gets HAS to go with gramma. 
 
Logan draws short straw and off we go. 
 
First of all, the man at the house insists, vehemently that it won’t fit. 
I calmly tell him it will. 
He gets out a tape measure and begins to measure. 
 
I tell the woman and Logan to just load it. 
and while he is still measuring, 
they load it, we pay and leave. 
 
Excited, I tell my mom that I have the hutch, 
and she says that she has decided she wants a bigger one. 
 
 
 
 
 
I painted it Dixie Belle Silk Tide Pool 
and 
it found a home holding paint. 
 
And I had to have help to move it into that shop, 
still on crutches. 
 
Then Mom decided that the size of this hutch was actually what she wanted. 
We started shopping for another one, 
but none were as nice as this one. 
 
 
That shop didn’t work out.  
We won’t even go into those reasons. 
Sometimes God closes doors. 
 
So I moved out.  
And I had to have help to move it again. 
 
At least this time I was part of the help. 
 
I brought it home and yesterday decided it was time to paint it white. 
i was able to get the top unloaded, 
and the drawers. 
 
And JWS was willing to help with the base. 
However, one of the drawers must have hit the lock button 
and 
I locked the keys in the van. 
 
So, yesterday, I start painting. 
 
I don’t normally paint anything pure  white. 
It is fighting me. 
 
Three coats so far.
 
It might be driving me crazy
 
The van got opened today. 
 
Now tomorrow to pin someone down to unload the base. 
 
 
 
 
I am sure there is more to come, it will have to be 
Reloaded
Delivered to Ohio
Unloaded again. 
 
Whew! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walker/Wheelchair Bag Tutorial

Sharpie Markers and Alcohol = Really Quick Art

Steps to a snowman face, Part 1.